Thursday, September 2, 2010

Faust in Nevada

I didn't mean for the post title to be a reference to Nixon in China (the John Adams opera), but once I made the connection I couldn't get it out of my head.

In any event, a DVD of Act I of my soundtrack to the 1926 film will be shown at this year's Burning Man. A camp run by a long-time friend shows weird movies to the more adventurous (and likely altered) participants, and this surely counts as the most long-range public performance of my music. (Scratch that, Adam Scott Neal's sound diffusion recital featuring my older piece The Bone Season, at the Sonic Arts Research Center at Queen's University in Belfast, takes that cake; this one probably will win for size of audience, though.)

Edit 09/19/2010: This is probably the only time in my life I can say with a straight face that both Pink Floyd and The Wizard of Oz opened for me. I understand from my friend that the people who stuck around (rather than, I'm sure, argue about the veracity of what they just saw), quite enjoyed both film and music. Thanks Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment