Saturday, July 16, 2011

Casablanca, with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra

Last night, I went on a double date to see the classic movie Casablanca (one of my favorite films), shown with a live performance of the soundtrack by the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.

The film's music is wonderful, and hearing it performed live was a special treat. My only complaint was that sometimes the music drowned out the dialog, but this was never occurring for more than a few seconds. My theory is the quality of the original dialog recording, combined with the actors' accents and the loudspeakers, resulted in sound that was sometimes difficult to make out even without the music overshadowing it. (The performance was at the summer home of the ASO, Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Alpharetta, GA).

But all in all, this was very enjoyable, and sounds like it may be becoming an annual tradition, which I think is a fantastic way to experience this awesome movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment