Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Recording updates

Things have been pretty quiet on the blogging front for a while, but I've been doing a fair amount of recording off and on (with a few long sessions over the Christmas break). I'll be moving soon, so that will put a crimp in some of the recording plans, but my new residence will actually be a bit more amenable to recording than where I'm at currently. In the interim, I am doing lots of work with field recordings and their processing; some of this will also show up on Apophenia. To give you an idea of what sorts of influences are going into this CD, here are the artists/works I am listening to most these days:


Elizebeth Veldon - basically anything she releases

Earth - anything from Hex and later

Ben Frost - all, but especially By the Throat

Dolorian - Voidwards especially

Cold, by Lycia

And as always, my mentor Robert Scott Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment